Monday 21 May 2018

14 - May 2018 - Coonamble Show

I woke early to go to the Coonamble Show. For the first time, I found some neighbours that I had been half-expecting since I left Victoria.



I arrived at the show at around 11:30 thinking I would have time for lunch before it got busy. But agasin I had miscalculated ...



empty



empty



empty



empty



... and the balloon lady was still setting up ...



... and there were no little ones to go on the car carousel ...



... and no big ones to go on this screamer ...



... nor this screamer ...



... and no music fans to trip or cha-cha ...



... or even oldies to go in the classics.



All lined up but no-one to buy ...




However there were some people in the pavilion looking at the school exhibits ...




I wasn't quite sure what to make of this. A vegan's dream or nightmare? A chemically-induced ideation? 



At least the flowers were normal.



Some large scale Rorschach testing going on here. Interesting that the interpretation was also graphic.



Some Greek embroidery, which was painstakingly detailed and interesting.



The usual patchwork ...



More embroidery ...



More Lego ... behind bars again.



Some cakes - not sure whether these were the adult entries ...



These were certainly the little kids' baking entries



A single Community group stall (the CWA was catering at the pavilion)



And back to the school display at the entrance.



There were the usual Thelwels. That's Chez Moir in the background - the last vehicle on the right.




A misdirected catering van (the small print says Mildura, Victoria, 944 km away). "I only went to the servo to check the tyre pressures ... and look what happened ... last time I trust Android Maps"



 There wasn't even a crowd looking at the big boys' toys ...


Apparently - again - I was early by about three hours - the kids arrive after school. So back in the ute and on the road again, this time to Pilliga.

No comments: