Thursday 28 April 2022

39 - Apr 2021 - Port Fairy

 #39 - Apr 2021 - Port Fairy

This was a very short excursion. My big idea was to walk the rail trail from Port Fairy to Warrnambool via Koroit. I had bought some swish walking boots, trained around our 9km local route, and felt ready to rock and roll.

A bit of a scheduling tango to avoid Easter and the school holidays then off I went, calling in to see favourite daughter in Ballarat, then continuing to the coast.

Stevie’s luck running to form the weather decided to get angry, in fact the angriest it had been for a while. The rail trail walk went out the window (which was closed to keep the angry weather out) then I found out that the Griffiths Island bridge and walking track were closed for maintenance. So I placated myself with some serious comfort food from the excellent fish and chip shop opposite the CP.

In between the clouds crying and the wind trying to topple the van I made my way down to South Beach to see what I could see, and came away with some snaps that I hope captured the mood.









And that was it for that trip.

No comments: